Choosing the Right Company Logo Design Firm
There are literally thousands of company logo designers out there competing for consumer attention, as evidenced by an immense saturation of marketing and advertising materials on the internet, television and other promotional mediums.
The good news is that this offers consumers a wide selection of company logo design firms to choose from.
The not-so-good news is that due to the sheer inundation of advertising to consider, it can be nearly impossible to determine which design firm will be the perfect fit for your own company logo design.
We’re here to help narrow down the decision, by offering up some critical criteria that must be considered when entrusting any service with your company logo design.
7 Assets to Look for in a Company Logo Design Firm
Every company logo design firm has good and bad qualities, and one can hardly rely solely on promotional materials to decide which possesses the best overall benefits. The most important way to start for your business is to make a checklist of certain non-negotiable factors, then determine which of these potential candidates checks the most boxes.
Here’s a handy list of the top 7 criteria that MUST be accommodated in order to ensure that your company logo design produces the most powerful results for your investment.
- Experience – has the prospective company logo design firm been ‘around the block’? The more time they have under their belt, the greater chance they’ll have been there and done that, so they can more readily apply a wealth knowledge to your individual company project.
- An impressive portfolio – company logo designs speak for themselves. One of the most reliable means of determining whether a design firm will produce a high-quality end product is to have a look at what they’ve already done for other companies. If you are largely unimpressed with a designer’s portfolio examples, (or if you cannot locate a portfolio at all), then you likely won’t end up any more satisfied with designs they would create for you.
- A comprehensive design process – if a company logo design firm can promise you a 24-hour turnaround on your logo design, consider this a huge red flag; we heartily recommend that you look elsewhere for your design needs. A unique and impactful logo design simply cannot be ‘whipped up’ in conveyor belt fashion, or without the benefit of creative reflection.
- Inquisitive – a company logo design company who takes only your name and number, then gives you a price and sprints away to conjure up your ‘original’ logo design in 24 hours or less, is not exactly looking out for your interests. In order to provide a quality logo for YOUR company, a designer must first know more about your product or services. If they’re not asking questions, they’re clearly not designing with your specific business in mind.
- Thorough – any logo design firm worth its salt will perform a comprehensive examination of your target market, your company’s competition, current trends and other pertinent factors prior to beginning your project. Without these critical pieces of information, a designer cannot possibly focus on attracting the right customers for your business, and in the most compelling ways possible.
- Solid Reputation – customer recommendations remain one of the best ways to learn more about a company logo design firm. Take time to read through any testimonials posted on a designer’s website, or you could even take it a step further by directly contacting any past customers to get feedback on their own experience with the company.
- Professionalism and superb customer service – your company logo design experience should not be stressful or unpleasant. You should never have to ‘chase down’ your designer to get answers to your questions or be acknowledged; if your initial encounter with a prospective design firm leaves you with unanswered questions or makes you feel mostly disregarded, seek out other prospects who will be happy to demonstrate appreciation for your business.
Expert Company Logo Design Firm
If you’re serious about your business, you should be serious about your company logo design. PearTree Design has been designing logos for more than 15 years, and we believe your logo should not be left to chance by a random contest or created from stock artwork.
At PearTree, we take a sensible approach to company logo design. Before ever beginning a project, we first take time to understand your business market and logo objectives. We then research market trends and create designs specifically for your company – no “cookie cutter” or pre-fab designs here. Unlike other companies, which may limit designs and use pre-made graphics, every design we create is unique.
We invite you to request a fast, free quote online, to help you determine how easy and cost-effective it can be to work with a company logo design firm who puts the checkmarks in all the right boxes… and much more.